About The Mod Dog

Hi, I'm Kyra. I started The Mod Dog in 2008 because I loved buying unique martingale collars for my dogs and I was a little disappointed in the selection out there and very disappointed in the quality. That's when I decided to start making my own collars. I have my bachelor’s degree in fashion design, so it was only fitting that I would finally use it paired with my love for my four legged friends.

The Mod Dog specializes in custom designed collars and leashes for your pet. I make each collar to fit each individual dog, based on their age, breed, and neck measurement. I allow you to pick and choose all aspects of the design for the collar or leash, so that it is completely customized to your liking. That means you can choose the style of the collar or leash pattern, the color of the main collar, and the hardware.

My most popular style is the martingale collar. A martingale collar is a specialized type of dog collar that helps prevent a dog from slipping out of their collar. Unlike traditional collars that have to be buckled uncomfortably tight to prevent escape, a martingale collar is loose and comfortable until engaged.

Please contact me at kyra@themoddog.com if you have any special requests for collars or leashes.

I contribute a percentage of every sale to local Georgia rescues, mainly the Atlanta Weimaraner Club Rescue (www.altantalovesweims.org)

Photo by Ella Rue Photography www.ellaruephotography.com