FAQ's

Q: How do I measurement my pet's neck?

A: I recommend using a soft tape measure (not the kind in your dad's tool box) and if you don't have one of those, use a piece of string and a ruler. Measure around the widest part of your pet's neck, or where their collar sits. Don't measure too loosely, as I add 3"-5"(depending on the collar size) to the measurement you give me to ensure the collar has room for adjustment. Now that wasn't so difficult, was it? 

Q: How do I wash my collar?

A: I hand wash all my dog's collars in warm water with hand soap, shampoo, or dish soap, just nothing harsh. Some of my customers throw their collars in the washing machine, and have had no problems, but I think hand washing them makes them look nicer longer. I wouldn't recommend machine washing any of the collars that are screen printed. I also just had a customer tell me she washes her collars in the top rack of her dishwasher with NON BLEACH detergent and it works great, but I haven't done this so I don't know. And I always recommend that you hang the collars to dry.

Q: What is a tag collar?

A:  A tag collar is a more comfortable alternative to a plastic buckle collar or a safer alternative to a martingale collar for your dog to wear while laying around the house. These can be made in any width, however, the 3/4" tag collars are lighter weight and great to wear with harnesses or wider martingale collars.

It's important that your dog has their ID tags on at all times, in case something happens and they get loose.
They are really meant only to hold tags, not to restrain your dog or to walk your dog on lead. However, if your dog is not an escape artist and doesn't try to back out of their collars when on the leash, then it is okay to walk them on a tag collar.

Q: Do you make satin lined dog collars?

A: Yes, some of the collars can be lined with satin. It just depends on how wide it is and if I can get the satin ribbon. There is $6 extra charge to line each collar. 

The only thing to consider is the satin lining doesn't cover the entire inside of the collar. On the buckle collars it doesn't show on the part of the collar where the extra material for the adjustability wraps to the inside of the collar. On the martingale collars the satin lining isn't sewn to the smaller loop (where d-ring is attached) and the part of the inside of the collar where the extra material is for the adjustability wraps to the inside of the collar. So, the closer I make the collar to the exact size you need the more of the satin will be exposed on the inside. Please e-mail me at kyra@themoddog.com if you would like to special order a satin lined dog collar.

Q: Do you sell your collars in any retail stores?

A: Yes, there are a few stores around the United States that carry my collars.

Georgia

The Beehive (Located in the Edgewood Retail District; off Moreland Ave. near Little 5 Points)
1250 Caroline Street, Suite C120
Atlanta, GA 3030

Tucker Pet Supply
2382 Main Street
Tucker, GA 30084
http://www.tuckerpetsupply.com/

Canine Country Academy
975 Cripple Creek Dr.
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
http://caninecountryacademy.com/

Oregon

The Hip Hound
2328 NW Westover Rd.
Portland, OR 97210

Sniff Dog Hotel
1828 NW Raleigh St.
Portland, OR 97209

Maryland

Pet Barn
167-G Jennifer Road
Annapolis, MD 21409

Illinois

Dog-a-holics
3657 N. Southport
Chicago, Illinois 60613

Mutt Hutt
1212 W. Grand Ave.
Chicago, IL 60642

Australia

Sacred Pet Boutique
http://sacredpetboutique.com.au/